Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Real Smiles

Caden seems to be such a serious little baby. He always has these looks on his face like he is deep in thought, pondering something. He will furrow his brow and give you these curious looks like he is trying to figure something out. John teases that he is a worrier. We have seen him smile his first "dreamy" smiles while he is sleeping, but he has finally started to smile at me! The first time it happened I took him on the back patio and was talking to him and he gave me this huge grin with a little coo! It was adorable. I spent the next 15 minutes video taping him hoping he'd do it again..... no luck.

A few days later he smiled at me again, this time there was no coo. After that a week went by and no smiles. I started to doubt that he had really smiled at me the other two times and thought maybe he was just gassy. But then yesterday he melted my heart! He had just finished being in his bouncy chair and started to fuss to let me know he wanted out. I picked him up and gave him his paci and started working on the computer while holding him. He cooed a few times so I looked at him and started to sing a little made up song to him. Behind his paci I saw the biggest toothless grin so I flicked his paci out of the way so I could see it better! He was so cute! He cooed at him and grinned again and then suddenly realized his paci was gone and started to pout. Oh, and boy does he have the pout mastered. It's almost as cute as his grin! He will curl and stick that bottom lip out and his little chin will get all wrinkled. It's adorable.

Today he smiled at me again while I was getting him dressed for the day. Now that is a major milestone because he usually HATES being changed. He was laying on the changing table while I was putting his arms in his onesie and I was talking to him and he just started smiling. It was wonderful!! I hope there will be many many more!!!! I really hope to capture it on camera for Daddy one day soon!

No comments: