Caden slept through the night last night (7 weeks 2 days old)! Praise the Lord!!! I don't know if he will continue doing this or if it is just a one time thing for now, but I needed that night of full rest so much! The previous night Caden cried for 2 hours before he fell asleep, and then when he finally fell asleep, I was awakened by a big thunderstorm. All in all I only got 4 hours of sleep so I was thrilled when he slept for 8 hours the next night!!!!
I must say that if this continues, I attribute it to following the Babywise plan. Since birth I have had him on a flexible schedule. I feed him every 2.5 - 3 hours during the day. If he needs to eat sooner, then of course I feed him. However, he usually doesn't need to eat before the 2.5 hour mark because I make sure he stays awake to take a full feeding when he does eat. I also selected a set bedtime and I have implemented a bedtime routine. No matter when his last feeding was, I wake him up and bathe him at 9:15 every night. Then I feed him and put him down for the night by about 10:00 or 10:30. Almost immediately after starting this he stopped waking up every 3-4 hours at night and started sleeping until 2:30am! It was wonderful having a pretty predictable schedule at night. He would wake up again at 6:30am and we would start our day. I really think it was because of the feeding schedule and bedtime routine that he was able to establish his own sleeping schedule.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment