Friday, August 7, 2009

Making a Cake

Yesterday was "G-daddy's" birthday. All day long we practiced saying Happy Birthday G-daddy. I've been on a "craft" kick with Caden lately, wanting to do more hands on, interactive things with him such as finger painting, and I thought it would be fun (and interesting) to try and get him to help me make a cake. It could go either way...he'd do great and cooperate or he'd get destructive and ruin the kitchen and the cake. Fortunately he loved it and did everything I told him to (without my help because two year olds don't like help, ya know). The only part of the cake he didn't help with was the icing and pouring in the eggs and vinegar. He loved helping and I definately plan to make some more yummy foods with him soon! My favorite part of the cake-making experience was after Caden poured in the vegetable oil...he said "Bye Bye apple juice!"- lol Vegetable oil does look a lot like apple juice!

Here are some pictures:

3 comments:

Lynn said...

It's so sweet how they want to help with everything. Good job, Caden!

April Clark said...

Caden did a great job, but where's a picture of the end result? I've got to see what kind of baking skills he has. Could Caden be the next Cake Boss? :)

Kosek Landing said...

So cute! I love baking/cooking with Kate. She loves peeling shrimp, shredding lettuce, and any type of mixing.