Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Birthday Cake Pictures


While I was still pregnant I thought of a list of all the different photography ideas I had for my own son. Some I have already done, and others will come in the years ahead. The one I have been looking forward to the most for the last year is the Birthday Cake Pictures. I don't remember how this idea came about. I've seen other photographers do similar things, but I tried to make it my own, and I feel I accomplished that with the two tier cake and the party hat. I love how the photographs really captured the moment.




We actually did the pictures at the birthday party. It was the last thing we did after the presents and the cupcakes everyone else got to eat. We set it all up and made a barricade with the couch and playpen so the other babies couldn't come "help."




Thanks to my mom who helped this all come together. And then my mom and John helped me figure out how to get the best possible lighting in a situation with practically no natural light and no studio lights (can't WAIT to live in America for that one). It was a joint effort.




Here are my favorites.... enjoy!




1 comment:

KCB said...

Waaaay too cute! These pics are awesome. :)