Thursday, May 22, 2008

Korea Funnies

So, on a trip to the flower market today I realized I had taken some pictures of some funny Korea 'things' that I never got around to sharing with you! Many of these have been sitting on my computer for months! :)


So, I think I may have mentioned before that almost all buses and cabs and many cars have "Navigation Systems" in them. But the unusual thing is that these are all somehow or another wired to cable (is that possible?!?). You can watch movies and TV while you drive... YES, while you DRIVE because these are on the dashboard!! John and I were behind an SUV where they were all watching a game show of some kind. Here is the picture I snapped of it....



I've also mentioned Ajumma before...(the respectful term for an older Korean woman)... Here is a picture of a little 'herd' of Ajumma's crossing the street... Not really funny, but thought I'd share anyway....





I've mentioned before how many scooter/motorcycle type vehicles are on the road. Mainly because food delivery here is HUGE and the delivery men all drive these little scooters. Well, in the winter it is mighty cold here! So they have these special "gloves" they wear in the winter to protect their hands... the first time John saw these he thought a guy was driving while wearing boxing gloves (a logical assumption of course).

Do you have a large load you need to transport from Point A to Point B? No truck or car? No worries!!!!! (We see this sight OFTEN...and some times instead of a person pulling the cart, they will use a four-wheeler.)
Did I mention to you guys about the week the pollen came in? It was hot inside, but cool and breezy outside. Perfect weather to open the windows, right? Ah, so that is exactly what I did.... and this is what my house looked like afterward.... it was EVERYWHERE... ick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your funnies! You could write a book with those. Today is the last day of school here,yeah for them. How about there? Im sure they go almost year round. We are trying to plan a few camps this year... cheer,art,vbs,church.. Im sure we will be busy. How about yall? Susie