
Grace is 11 months old now. I am not even going to try and catch up. She is no longer swaddled, no longer nursing, and crawling (army crawl/scoot), pulling up, cruising, and has taken a few steps here and there. She is talking/communicating like crazy compared to Caden!

She signs: more, ball, all done, eat, milk, drink, baby (started signing at 10 months)

She signs: more, ball, all done, eat, milk, drink, baby (started signing at 10 months)
She says: MaMa, DaDa, ball, uhoh, dog, milk, baby, more and she mimics just about everything we say. (Started saying words at 10 months, the first being UhOh which may have even been around the end of 9 months)
If you ask her what the Lion says she will roar and if you ask her what the cow says she says, "Booooo."
She points to things and loves books. She recognizes and points to a few things such as teddy, dolly, baby, lion, etc. She turns the pages too which I love! (Turning pages since around 9 months)
She is sleeping through the night now, too... I gradually reduced the amt of milk offered to her at night when she would wake up to eat. Then one night slept through and has done it since, other than when she was teething. She started sleeping through at around 10 months.
She takes two naps per day. One in the morning usually sometime around 9-9:30 and she typically sleeps about 45-60 minutes. I wake her after 60 minutes now because the morning nap should start phasing out soon. I want her long nap to be the afternoon one. Usually her 1pm nap lasts about 1.5-2 hours, sometimes up to 3 hours.


Her favorite thing to do right now is to practice walking holding onto a push toy or, preferably, the hand of a willing adult. She is a very happy, very social baby. She loves other people and will "talk" to them like she is speaking in sentences. She smiles a lot and loves to dance and clap. She is especially fond of music. She even sings sometimes herself and we can even tell which song she is singing. Her favorites are the "Baby Signing Time" theme song and "ABCs." She loves big brother Caden and they play SO well together. He really watches after her and protects her from eating "dangerous" things. He tries to get her to do what he wants, like play in his batman forts. She lights up when Daddy gets home from work, points at him and starts saying DaDaDaDa!! It's adorable. When she sees me (after I've been gone) she gets equally excited, but typically starts to cry and reach for me. I wish I got a happier reaction, lol.


1 comment:
yah! you finally updated your blog!
Post a Comment