I went to my 39 week appointment on Tuesday. I was still 3 cm (this time a full three instead of just barely three). My cervix had moved foraward though, but that was about the only change. I'm weighing in somewhere between a gain of 18-19 pounds (it fluctuates a good bit these days, yesterday I was 19 pounds up, today only 18)... I scheduled an induction for Monday and after a lot of consideration, I called and cancelled it. It wasn't long after that my phone rang and it was Dr T himself. He said he needed to see me for a 40 week check up on Monday since I cancelled the induction (I'd figured that so I had already scheduled an apt for Monday) and that he didn't want me going past 41 weeks because the placenta stops functioning as it should, etc. Well, I turn 41 weeks over the long Memorial Day Weekend so he said at the latest he would let me go until Thursday, May 27th. So most likely I will be induced on Thursday, unless of course Grace decides to come on her own which I am really hoping she does!!!
For the past week or two we have been walking a LOT, plus I'm still doing my aerobics class at the gym. I've been drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea, bouncing on the exercise ball... all the old tricks to bring labor on and this sweet girl is just not budging.
Here are a few pictures from some of our evening/afternoon walks this week (39 weeks)...




3 comments:
I carried both of mine past their due dates and had to be induced both times. Gracie is comfortable right where she is. Enjoy it while it lasts! ha! You all will be in my prayers. Let me know when things get moving!
Dude, did you quit your blog or something? I know you aren't still 39 weeks prego, LOL!
come on. post.
Post a Comment