I'm so far behind in my blog I experience anxiety every time I log in at the thought of trying to catch up. Our camera broke so we have very few pictures from the last few months AND my computer is so full of pictures I don't have any space on my hard drive to add new ones. Yes I have an external hard drive but I still feel this need to put everything on CD.... I might have to just bite the bullet and put all my pictures on the external hard drive and leave it at that... what do you guys do to back up your photos? I need to make it a 'resolution' to print 10 photos for each month.... that way if everything crashes I'll at least have some memories to cherish forever.
So back to the pregnancy... I'm feeling pretty good these days although I will be honest and say I'm not enjoying this pregnancy like I did Caden's. With Caden I loved every second of being pregnant, this time not so much. Maybe it's because it took me 2 years to get my "body" back after having Caden and then I got pregnant... I'm going to go with that excuse. :D I'm still on the small side compared to where I was with Caden at this point. I've only just recently moved into maternity pants but can still wear my old jeans with a belly band too. I've only gained 4 pounds (4.5 on bad days, hehe) but you would think I'd put on more judging from the size of my belly bump! It just took off about 3 weeks ago and I look obviously pregnant now. My belly button hasn't popped out all the way just yet but it's on it's way there!
We found out at 19 weeks that we are having a little girl! I am SO thrilled and John said that he didn't realize until we found out it WAS a girl that he was really hoping for one! We're having a terrible time with names... my initial favorite was Gabrielle (call her Gabby/Gabbie) BUT I keep thinking that name, as much as I love it, just doesn't sound like me or something.... Plus we can't think of a middle name to go with it. I love the old traditional names, but none of them have that "wow" or "cute" factor that Gabbie has. Examples are Kate, Caroline, Elizabeth, Hannah, etc. Recently, John and I were looking at the name book before bed and saw the name Kaycie and we both really liked it. So that looks like a contender these days, too! It we chose that name it'll be Kaycie Grace. We still have plenty of time to decide I suppose, but I can't help but feel the pressure!
A few days ago as I was falling asleep I felt the baby moving around a lot! It was the first time I really felt her moving around more than just a little thump or kick here and there. I put my hand on my tummy and felt her from the outside for the first time... John joined in and got to feel her moving around, too! He never got to experience that with Caden as I'd only felt the first flutters when he left for Korea.
At my recent ultra sound appointment they diagnosed me with a low lying placenta/marginal placenta previa. I had this with Caden, too. Just means at this point I had to stop jumping/jogging during my aerobics class, which I had already cut back on the high impact stuff significantly. Now I do my jumping jacks one leg out at a time... I feel so stupid especially because I HAVE the energy to do them the right way, but babies safety comes first so...
I've been looking at crib bedding and having the hardest time... I couldn't take my eyes off the little girl stuff when I was pregnant with Caden and now I can't find a single thing I like and I can't stop looking at how cute the little boy stuff is! Go figure! I have decided that I'm going to order the same exact crib set we got for Caden (it converts to a full bed and will be 'lifetime' furniture for him and eventually her). I still love it and it is very simple and traditional and doesn't have anything that will make it go out of style. My only delima is do I order it in white or stained, dark (warm dark) wood? Will she still like her white furniture when she is 14 years old?!? Any advice/opinions out there?
All in all things are going great! Maybe at my next update we will have nailed down a name, ordered a crib, purchased crib bedding, and started clearing out the room that will be her nursery!!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hi there!
I was so excited to hear from you! I'm glad to hear that all is well and a little girl at that....just sweet. That must be why you feel so different for this one. Girl/boy made a difference in how I felt and carried. Go figure?
I have your sign and have had it for some time now. Would you like it...ha! Email me with your new address and I will slip it in the mail to you. Take care~
So excited for you guys. I say go with the white. White is classic and easily paintable so at 17 when she decides she wants purple furniture she and John can head out to the garage and have themselves a painting party. Dark wood is nice but not as easily interchangable. Good luck finding crib bedding. Also, I love the name Kaycie! I think we're going to go with Laina if we have a girl.
Hi Amanda! Congrats again. :) The name Kaycie is LOVELY! And, call me crazy but, I could *so* picture you and John with a Kaycie. Oh, and I'd go with white. (1) It seems to go with more baby girl bedding better than dark wood and (2) it'll be easier to paint when Baby Girl is older and wants a change. Good luck!
I saw your comment on my 101 blog and thought I'd answer the questions here since I wanted to leave a comment anyways. :P
Joel and I are 16 weeks along now. We can find out if our little Junebug is a boy or a girl the 1st week in Feb. And like you, this pregnancy is totally different than with Charlee...so, *everyones* been telling us it's a boy. We'll see; we'd be happy either way. We're just hoping we won't have a repeat of Charlee's traumatic brith. LOL I'm being monitored by a high risk doc now and so far, so good. :)
Can't wait to see your belly pics!
Take care and God bless. Karen
Hey there! Good to catch up with you and your life! For the record, Kaycie Grace is adorable! As far as white furniture, go for it! We bought Jannah's bedroom furniture in white-it will be with her for a long time! White will for sure "pop" when placed in a room that has painted walls! You will find the bedding and you will know when you do :) Can't wait to see that baby bump!
Post a Comment