Monday, February 2, 2009

Dr. Fish

I'm sure you've heard before that trends start overseas and eventually work their way to America... well this is one that I don't see myself doing again when it makes it here...

Dr. Fish is apparently popular in European and Asian countries. It's basically a giant pool/tub/etc with hundreds of little carp that eat the dead skin off of your feet. For a full exfoliation you will need to let them nibble (can I just say ICK) for about 15-20 minutes. I couldn't last even 15 seconds!!

It was the strangest sensation... it tickled a lot, and kind of stung just a little. John said something interesting when he tried it.. he said if the sensation was mechanical he wouldn't mind it at all... he actually might even enjoy it just a little... but knowing it was living, slimy, squirmy, little fishies (his quote exactly- haha) made it harder to tolerate...



Can you tell from my expression that I'm only tolerating this for the camera...

Ick! They were so aggressive!

John's turn. He let them feast on his flesh for several minutes...

This picture really captures the experience of it best...
And the video... enjoy!
So... would you do Dr. Fish???

8 comments:

Brad, Brooke, Abigayle, Rebekah and Indy said...

After church Sunday, we were walking by & I told Abby "that's where the fish that nibble your feet are"...she wanted to try it! We went in (thinking she wouldn't do it!) & she just wanted to try it by herself. She was so excited, but it was a little much for her. She lasted about 2 minutes! No camera though...bummer. I'll tell her she's not the only one who doesn't like it! :)

Kimberly said...

OMG that is sooooo gross!!! I would totally be gagging!

Kristi said...

OH MY WORD!!!!!!! That is too funny/crazy!!! I actually heard about this on the Today show once!

KCB said...

The trend is already here and is supposed to be all the rage up in DC and NYC. :) I tried it at a spa in Korea...on my whole body up to my neck! LOL I lasted 5 mins. ;P

Jen said...

Ugh..that is sooo nasty! I'm proud of you for trying though!!

Lynn said...

That is one of the things I failed to experience while in Korea. I think I could have at least let them nibble my feet, but I don't know about the rest of me.

The Terrys said...

I don't know how I feel about this....ick....

Beth said...

I heard about this once! So brave of you to try it.. maybe I'll give it a go one day. :)
Glad to see from your more recent posts that you guys made it back safely to America and got to have Christmas in January! :)