When I posed that question it was because Caden had really become fearless and interested in climbing. What I didn't know at the time was that over the course of the next three days we would encounter THREE different 'boo boo's." Fortuantely none required stitches, but these are really Caden's first bumps and scrapes.
First, at the CDC (the on-base day care I use a few hours a week) he was walking with a toy in his mouth and fell. He busted his lip open pretty badly. It was swollen and tender for a day or so, but healed quickly. Two days later in nursery he was knocked over and fell into the table and chairs (at least that is the most I could understand from the Korean ladies that were watching him). He now sports a nice big scrape/sore under his nose that looks like he just has bloody buggers coming out of it and a nice black and blue bruise next to it.
And to top it all off, he has some smaller scrapes on the tip of his nose and upper lip because he decided to go down the slide on his belly, FACE first. It was not a baby slide, but a very tall (approx 8 feet) "big kid" slide that was very steep. So, off the end of that he flew and landed on his face. Lovely. He's had a rough week, but he's a tough little boy and none of these incidents have slowed him down. Fortunately I know how to do some retouch on photographs so you can't tell (at least I hope you can't tell) in his Halloween pictures.


4 comments:
Caden is definitely a boys' boy! How "fun" will he be in a few years?! LOL I'm sorry for all the bumps, bruises, and boo-boos; they'll make him super-resilient, though. :)
Poor little guy... Being fearless like that seems to be such a boy thing. I have to be honest, I am sometimes glad Marlon is wearing a helmet, otherwise we would have already had several more bruises...
I'm sorry, your post and Caden's picture made me laugh. It is so like a little boy. The are fearless. I hope he as a better week next week.
He is ALL boy!
Post a Comment