Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beef Taco Ring

I have always loved cooking... well, maybe not always but in my adult life I have really come to enjoy trying new methods/recipes/etc. Since becoming a Mommy I don't experiment as much as I used to and I miss it! It's just hard cooking with a little man roaming the house. He's one smart cookie... he knows when I'm preoccupied and he always uses those times wisely and explores and investigates "off-limits" things.



I've been hoping to post recipes on my blog for a long time. I LOVE when people share recipes with me, especially when they are practical, simple ones for Mom's with little time on their hands. In the spirit of loving to 'receive' recipes, I thought I'd start sharing! Maybe inspiring some of my other blogging buddies to start sharing some of their own as well! (wink, wink!)



So, for my first recipe I thought I'd share what I tried last night. Most of you have probably heard of Pampered Chef. If you're an avid fan then you will already know this recipe. Still, it was my first attempt at any kind of Pampered Chef recipe and it was SO easy and turned out perfectly. I was proud of my attempt so I took pictures to show those of you afraid of trying this just how easy it is! A very fast meal to throw together! Here goes:



Beef Taco Ring


1 lb lean ground beef
1 package (1 1.25 ounces) taco seasoning mix
1 3/4 cups (7ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 Tablespoons water

1 egg white, lightly beaten

Optional toppings: salsa, shredded lettuce, chopped onion and tomato, sliced olives and sour cream


Preheat the oven to 375.


Cook ground beef in skillet over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles; drain. Remove from heat (I transferred to a new bowl). Stir in taco seasoning mix, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and water.Scoop filling evenly over crescent rolls arranged as the photos show (use a pizza stone or an aluminum pizza tray). Finish shape as shown in photos. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with toppings.



On a round pizza/cookie sheet or baking stone arrange crescent triangles following the curve of the circle. Overlap wide ends of triangles and press together. Then scoop meat by spoonfuls and arrange on the wide part of the 'ring.'



Take the points of the triangles and wrap them over the meat and tuck them under the wide ends of the triangle as shown. The meat mixture should be relatively firm, do not concern yourself with covering the meat, it won't fall out! :)



This is your finished ring. Brush with egg white and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top as directed.
And Voila!
After baking for about 20 minutes here is your beautiful ring!

5 comments:

Beth said...

your comment on my blog was hilarious.. i can't even imagine your surprise when you realized how many posts have been made since JULY! ;)
and you've inspired me to one day try this taco ring thing you made -- i LOVE that it has photos. i am not a natural in the kitchen, and the way you did this makes even me feel like i could do it! so when i have an oven that actually cooks on top AND bottom, and more than 3 cooking utensils, i am definitely going to try this!

Ryan, Katie and Cooper Pettit said...

Yummy!! :)

Kristi said...

OMG!!! THANK YOU FOR POSTING PICS OF THIS!!!! I have tried to make this many times, but NEVER put it together right!!!! LOL Mine is always ugly and falling apart!! I never did it like this, and now I know what to do!!! YAY!! I'll make this next week! THANKS!!! I'm always wanting to do more recipes on my blog, but always forget! I'm going to do better!

Laura said...

This looks delicious. I will defnitely have to try this some time soon. I know Brian will love it!

Michaela said...

It may take me a while, but i will post a recipe....your beef taco ring looks awesome. Now to find a delicious recipe to share and something that is pretty. I'm on a mission, i'm starting a new category of recipes: "prettylicious"