Wednesday, August 6, 2008

VBS



John and I are teaching the 1st-3rd graders at VBS this month at church. Our church is doing it differently this year and VBS is held every Sunday throughout the month of August instead just one straight week of it. It's during the normal church service hours to that the whole church can get involved in helping.


John and I spent Friday night and all of Caden's nap times on Saturday preparing for VBS, and on Saturday night we hired a sitter to watch Caden while we went to decorate our room! Our classroom had several old church pews in it, so we took them and turned them in to what we hope resembles a Roller Coaster (going with the Amusement Park theme of this years VBS). It is the first real project that John and I have ever taken on together (that I can remember) and I must say we made a great team and had a lot of fun doing it! John wasn't happy with just the coaster alone, he wanted a track...so that was a last minute idea that took some brainstorming (with no stores open and only the supplies at hand) that I think turned out pretty well considering the time/supply issue! Here are some pictures of our finished "project!"


2 comments:

KCB said...

Amanda, that's awesome! You guys did a fabulous job with decorating. I'm sure the kiddos will enjoy it, too. :)

Lynn said...

WOW! You guys do make a great team....one of the reasons we like hanging out with you so much....sigh.

Your room looks awesome!