Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mommy Giggles


This morning Caden had me giggling in that way that only a mom does... well, daddy's and grandparents may, too. It is the kind of giggle where your child is so cute and sweet that you can't help but chuckle, but you think you may want to cry at the same time. Actually that is the way I described giving birth as well... your heart strings are pulled so you want to laugh and cry at the same time.


Well, anyway, this morning he first cracked me up because he looked too darn cute in his PJ's (new ones from Grammy). Then, he walks out in to the living room and I put on his Praise Baby DVD so I can take a shower because I had a book club meeting to be at shortly. Well, as I get everything hooked up, he is standing at the coffee table in anticipation holding his sippy in one hand and dancing (bouncing up and down) waiting for his music while he stares at the blank, black TV screen. So precious.

Not long afterward the sitter arrived he was all excited and squealed at the arrival of new company in our home. I took her in to the kitchen to discuss his schedule (nap/lunch/etc) and he started clinging to my legs! Remember, this is the child who doesn't cuddle acting like a complete cuddle-bug! He wrapped on arm around each thigh so he was hugging my legs. Oh, I can't tell you how much I wish I could get him to do this to me every day!


He then squatted down to a sort of crawling position but his hands were still pulling on my jeans, and stuck his head between my ankles and sort of laid it on my house shoes. Picture a child with his head stuck between the banister on the stairs and you'll get a pretty good visual of what Caden was doing. Hilarious! Apparently this child did not want his mommy to leave this morning so he shackled me by the feet.
When I finally did leave he cried one big wail of protest and was happy to play with the sitter again before the door was even shut. Silly boy!

3 comments:

Greg and Shara said...

AMANDA!! The new pictures of Caden are soooo adorable!! You have a beautiful talent!
He's so precious and such an active and smart little boy!!
I love the days when our children pull at our heartstrings :)

Susan said...

Hi Amanda, It was really nice to meet you and finally see you and your little guy. The photos are beautiful. Maybe I should hire you to do a family portrait of us sometime. We have a family of 5, Maria who's 8, Gabrielle who's 5 and Garrett just turned 14. We moved here two months ago in Halison. Please don't be a stranger.
Talk to you soon,
Susan
Feel free to check out our blog.....

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE the pictures on both your latest posts. Adorable! Glad to hear he's learning more and more big boy stuff.