Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tomorrow is the Big Day!

John's family arrives in Korea tomorrow morning! They will be here for two weeks and then the day after they leave my mom flies (back) in for 3.5 weeks! Yay! I am so excited about having all these visitors. I love hosting people/things/events/whatever at my house so I'm in "hostess" mode cleaning, cooking, and making the house comfortable. Caden, on the other hand, is in 'destruction mode.' He has really figured out the art of decorating my floor with his many little toys. It's those little toys that make such a mess. He is entertained with them for all of 2 minutes, and then leaves it on the floor and crawls back to the basket for something else. :)

I think Caden is officially saying his first word now. He's been babbling all kinds of sounds for months, but not really associating one sound with anything in particular. I blogged a week ago or so about him copying me and saying MaMa. He had been babbling 'mamamama' for a while, but that was the first time he listened to me and repeated what I had said. Well, on Saturday he was in his stroller fussing to get out and when he saw me walk up to him he said, "MaMaMa!"-


I thought at first it was just coincidence, but over the last few days he is really saying it more and more and it's almost always to me (or directed at me if he wants something or isn't happy with what I'm making him do). So, it's going down in the baby book: MaMa was/is his first word. I'm just a little bit happy about it! :)


John, Caden, and I went to our realtor's son's First Birthday Party! It was a traditional Korean 1st Birthday, which is a huge deal in this country. I hope to get around to blogging about it soon, so stay tuned!! I will leave you with a funny picture of Caden sitting on his daddy while he watched a DVD.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear family is coming your way. I know it makes the days go by so slow when your waiting for someone. Cant wait to see the places you will take them. It's like a little field trip for us. I wouldnt stress too much about your toy mess....Im sure they wont even see it cause they will be too busy playing with Caden. Have fun, Susie H

Michaela said...

Caden looks so squeezeable! The picture is sooo cute.

Kristi said...

How fun!! I know you're excited about having family come visit! I'm with Susie, I can't wait to see the pics of where you guys go!! Have fun!!! YAY for the first word!

Jenny said...

Caden is so cute Amanda! Congrats on his first word that is exciting!

Greg and Shara said...

Have fun with your family! And don't worry, toys are just a part of life..........even if we do trip on them from time to time!
I love that Caden called for you when you walked up, I bet your heart did cartwheels!!!

KCB said...

Have fun with the family visits! Those are always treats; especially when you live on opposite sides of the planet. :)