Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Caden Stands Alone (10 months)

You can imagine the shock and joy I felt when I looked up yesterday to see Caden standing BY his chair using both hands to try and get his pacifier in to his mouth! A few hours later I went to sit him on the floor after his lunch and he straightened his legs to stand, so I stood him and let go... and he stayed... held it for a few seconds, and then slowly squatted to a sitting position and took off crawling! I was so excited by this second attempt at standing that I decided to try and recreate it and capture it on camera! AND I DID!!!

But, let me warn you that 1) I thought I was going to take a photograph and when I pressed the big button I realized I was recording video instead so it's sideways and I've tried all I know to do to turn it the right direction! So, tilt your head to the side and enjoy!! AND 2) Caden does fall in the end and hits his head pretty hard on the coffee table...but it looks worse than it is... he literally cried one time, for all of 2 seconds, and wanted down to start crawling again...





AND one more funny video... Caden thinks his Sippy Cup is a giant pacifier!

2 comments:

Corey Nolen said...

he's too cute! where are you guys gonna be when you come back?

Lynn said...

The funny thing is, another friend just posted a sideways video too! Such a big boy!

Adeline crawls with her sippy cup in her mouth too. I think she thinks that is the best way to transport it from one place to the next.