Saturday, April 12, 2008

Too little

Caden is too little to be standing... He's supposed to be a baby still!!! He looks like a baby with his almost bald head and his little onesie standin by his chair. He loves to stand up on anything and everything now! He's not cruising yet, but I know it's coming soon!
He's growing up and changing too fast! I wish I could freeze time and enjoy each new phase longer! John and I were talking yesterday that only a month and a half ago we could sit him on a blanket in the living room with his favorite toys surrounding him and he would sit still and quietly play for a long, long time!


Now, we can't take our eyes off of him! He is everywhere and in to everything! One example would be when I left him in the playroom on Friday while I was in our bedroom putting laundry away and making the bed. I knew our playroom was safe and baby proofed and I blocked Caden in where he couldn't get out... He fussed for the first few minutes I was gone and he was in there alone. He was most likely at the "entryway" in to the playroom (between a wall and an end table from our living room). He fussed for a few minutes and then finally stopped. So, I took my time thinking he had found a way to entertain himself... I walk out of the bedroom to find him sitting in the living room with a table lamp on the floor and he was playing with the fringe on the lampshade. He somehow wormed his way out of the barricade I had placed under the end table... I'm not sure if he pulled the lamp down or if his foot caught the chord during his "great escape."


Another funny Caden story:


I was at the BX on Friday killing time browsing around the book section. Caden was bored in his stroller, so I took him out and put him on my hip while I browsed the book titles looking for something new. He was so squirmy, so I put him back in the stroller. As I sat him back in the stroller, I noticed one of his shoes had fallen off and was in the middle of the aisle. I tried to put it back on, but was having difficulties to I just too the other one and threw them in the diaper bag. I quickly turned and picked up the "Baby Bargains" book to read up on the car seats I am interested in to see what they recommend... Caden was fussing, but I was determined to quickly read the reviews on the car seat before heading out, so I ignored him. At some point he stopped fussing... not sure when b/c I was very distracted. Then, out of the corner of my eye I saw the stroller move a little bit. I immediately wondered how int eh world Caden had managed to grab the shelf to pull himself toward the books because I had specifically angled the stroller where he wouldn't be able to reach it!


I look down to see what Caden was doing.... and he wasn't in the stroller!!!! He was on the floor, sitting next to the stroller playing with the wheels... rolling them back and forth. I must have forgotten to buckle him in when I saw his shoe sitting in the aisle!! I'm just glad he didn't crawl off somewhere!!! I have no idea how he got out of the stroller, or how long he was sitting on the floor! Like I said before... he keeps me busy!


No comments: