Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Dress

Sunday morning I dropped Caden off at the church nursery in a cute little romper! It was the first time he ever wore it, and it was almost too small for him already! I just happened to take a picture of the back of him as he played with some of the children in there...
Caden and Adeline Play


Fast forward: John and I go to pick Caden up from the nursery and find him wearing a dress!



So, how did he end up in a dress? Well, after almost 4 months of not having to change a single outfit while out and about, I removed his "spare outfit" from our diaper bag not long ago. Ironically, Sunday morning I thought about putting a replacement in the bag, but decided against it because I just didn't see the need for it! Well, during his time in the nursery Caden's diaper leaked (this hasn't happened in AGES)! The nursery workers went rummaging through my diaper bag for a replacement outfit and couldn't find one...but they also couldn't let him crawl around in a soiled outfit so they did the next best thing, which was to rummage through the other babies diaper bags to see if any of them had a spare outfit! Fortunately, sweet little Adeline's mom had a change of clothes in her diaper bag, but it was a dress! (Thank you Lynn!) Caden wasn't phased by it at all!


John arrived at the nursery window before I did and kept looking around for Caden... He said he noticed the back of his head and thought it was him, but then thought it couldn't be because he was in a dress! Oh, it was just so funny! They even put the matching bloomers on over his diaper! John snapped a few pictures of it, but they don't do it justice! It was so funny...

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Adeline would be happy to share her dresses with Caden anytime! These will be great blackmail pictures someday. Too funny!

KCB said...

That is just too funny! Good thing you had your camera with you and that you were able to take the "before" pics. What luck!

Caden is soooo adorable. He'd rock anything that was put on him.

Jen said...

This is the funniest thing ever!!! What a beautiful daughter he makes!

Kristi said...

This is the cutest, funniest story I've read in a while!!